Form completion time: 15 minutes to 45 minutes
You will not be able to stop and save your work in the middle of the program.
To use this program, you must have an adult criminal record that you are trying to expunge (erase) or seal (hide). If you want to expunge or seal your criminal records in more than one county, you will have to complete this program for each county separately.
To complete this program, you will need:
- Court Dispositions for all of your criminal cases;
- Your Illinois State Police RAP Sheet; AND
- If you had arrests or charges in Chicago, your Chicago Police RAP Sheet.
This program prepares the forms listed below. The forms you get will depend on your answers.
- How to Expunge or Seal a Criminal Record
- Request to Expunge and Impound Criminal Records
- Request to Seal Criminal Records
- Notice of Filing for Expungement or Sealing
- Order to Expunge and Impound Criminal Records
- Order to Seal Criminal Records
- Additional Cases for Expungement or Sealing
- Additional Notice of Filing for Expungement or Sealing
Updated: December 2017