Form completion time: 20 minutes to 40 minutes
You will be able to stop and save your work in the middle of the program.
NOTE: Cook County may not accept these forms. If you are filing in Cook County, consider using Cook County's form program available here instead.
To use this program, you or the person you are filing the order against must:
- Live in the county you are filing the request in;
- The abuse must have taken place in the county; OR
- You must be living in the county temporarily to avoid abuse elsewhere
To complete this program, you will need:
- An alternative address where you can receive court documents, if you do not want the abuser to know the address where you are staying;
- Details about the abuser, such as their physical description and address, if known;
- Information about any other case for orders of protection, custody, or guardianship proceedings involving you, one of the other protected people, or the abuser;
- Details about the abuse and when it took place; AND
- Details about personal property you want the court to make the abuser give back to you, or any property you have that you will return to the abuser.