Form completion time: 20 minutes to 60 minutes
You will not be able to stop and save your work in the middle of the program.
Do not use this program if your rental unit is located in Chicago. Use the Security deposit complaint in Chicago program instead.
Before using this program, you must:
- Wait until 45 days have passed since you moved out of your apartment; AND
- Send a letter to your landlord demanding the return of your security deposit.
You cannot use this program if:
- You are not at least 18 years old;
- Your landlord lives in your building;
- Your rental unit is located in Chicago;
- Your retnal unit is in a hotel, motel, inn, rooming house, or boarding house;
- Your rental unit is in a hospital, convent, monastery, extended care facility, temporary overnight or transitional shelter, or school dormitory; OR
- Your rental unit is in a building owned by your employer, and you only have the right to live in the building if you are employed in or around the building.